For a good treatment it is necessary that I, as your therapist, prepare a file. This is also a statutory obligation imposed by the WGBO. Your file contains notes about your state of health and data about the examinations and treatments performed. The file also contains information that is necessary for your treatment and that, after your explicit consent, I have requested from another care provider, for example from the general practitioner.
I do my best to ensure your privacy. This means, among other things, that I:
– as your attending therapist, I have sole access to the data in your file
– handle your personal and medical data carefully
– ensure that unauthorized persons do not have access to your data
– I have a duty of confidentiality, unless serious misconduct obliges me to speak legally
The data from your file can also be used for the following purposes:
– To inform other health care providers, for example when the therapy has been completed or when referring to
another therapist. This only happens with your explicit permission.
– For the use of observation during my absence.
– For anonymous use during peer review. This only happens with your explicit permission.
– A small part of the data from your file is used for the financial administration, so that I or my administrator can
draw up an invoice.
If I want to use your data for another reason, I will first inform you and ask your permission explicitly. The data in the client file will be kept for 15 years as required by the law on the treatment agreement.
PRIVACY ON THE CARE NOTE
The care bill you receive contains the information requested by the health insurer, so that you can claim this bill from your health insurer:
Your name, address and place of residence
Your date of birth
The date of the treatment
A brief description of the treatment
The costs of the consultation